It Started With a Kidnapped Pig...
Lady Firehair, Lady of Love
Sune (pronounced SOO-nee), also known as Lady Firehair, is the deity of both beauty and love. Her symbol was that of a beautiful woman with red hair.
Sune’s highest priest is known as the Heartwarder, usually being the most handsome/beautiful clergy member both inside and out. Clergy are expected to keep their appearance as flattering as possible and shower others with sweet words at least five times a month.
Sune’s clerics seek to bring beauty to the world in many forms, all of which were pleasing to the senses. They created great works of art, became patrons for promising actors, and imported exotic luxuries like satin and fine wines. Her followers also enjoy looking beautiful, and hearing tales of romance. The stories range from star-crossed love, true love overcoming all else, to following one’s heart.
Her temples usually hold social salons and display mirrors for use by lay parishioners. Some of them even had public baths for the local populace. Her shrines often stand on the corner of busy city streets, having a small ornate overhanging roof with a mirror underneath. They are used to check one’s appearance while honoring Sune with prayer. Some shrines even hold perfume and cosmetic items for those who could not afford such luxuries themselves.
Order of the Ruby Rose – A knightly order affiliated with the Church of Sune, made up of bards, fighters, and paladins. Their primary mission was to guard Sunite temples and holy sites, and occasionally accompany clerics doing good works or questing for something important to the Lady of Love. Initiation into the order was done by standing vigil in a temple of Sune for an entire night. If the goddess showed her favor by granting a vision or some other boon, the candidate was accepted into the order.
- Beauty is more than skin deep. It issues from the core of one’s being and reveals one’s true face to the world, fair or foul.
- Believe in romance, as true love will win over all. Follow your heart to your true destination.
- Love none more than yourself except Sune, and lose yourself in love of the Lady Firehair.
- Perform a loving act each day, and seek to awaken love in others.
- Respond to love at least once in a day.
- Encourage beauty wherever you find it.
- Acquire beautiful items of all sorts, and encourage, sponsor, and protect those who create them.
- Keep your own body as comely as possible and as attractively displayed as situations warrant. Let hairstyle and clothing best suit your personal appearance, striving to stir and delight others who look upon you. Moreover, hide not away, but always seek to present yourself to those around you in a pleasing variety of garbs and activities so as to move them with love and desire.
- Love those who respond to your appearance, and let warm friendship and admiration flower where love cannot or dares not.